Guinea Pig Chat

Guinea Pig Chat

Back up forum for www.theguineapigforum.co.uk

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This is the temporary home of The Guinea Pig Forum whilst the main forum is undergoing a server transfer.

Share | 

Guinea pig bonding

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gems1987

PostSubject: Guinea pig bonding   Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:28 pm

Hi Can anyone tell me if my introductions have gone well so far and wat to expect, introduced neutered male to female they snuggled up until they got in males cage which was cleaned Twee was a small scuffle and a nip from enable to make so now they are kind of ignoring each other but are rumbling and making noises when they go near each other, no more nipping since they had a buddy bath though . Does this sound like it's going well?
Back to top Go down
Savvy Cavy

PostSubject: Re: Guinea pig bonding   Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:38 am

Gems, I think that your guinea pigs introduction is going well. Since you said they are neutered, its all safe and they won't have any babies as you know.

I love your idea of a buddy bath! But since they are ignoring each other, which is okay, but if you want them to be actual friends, consider putting them together for floortime. Make sure you watch them though, there may be a fight.

Rumbling can be a good and bad thing. I don't know if you are talking about a purr or al low grumble, but a low rumble can be bad. If it is a low pitched sound, they are angry or annoyed, but if their noises are high pitched, they are communicating in a nice way!

Watch your guinea pigs for the next couple months to make sure there is no harsh words or movements.

It does sound like your guinea pigs will be great friends. Smile

Hope I helped,
~Savvy Cavy
Back to top Go down
Gems1987

PostSubject: Re: Guinea pig bonding   Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:43 am

Thank you, the nips have reduced to just nose offs now and they are both sat eating hay but closer than before phew!!
Back to top Go down
Boss Hogg
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guinea pig bonding   Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:53 am

I've got the bonding circus happening again in a few weeks when I introduce a new friend to my recently bereaved piggy.
Back to top Go down
Gems1987

PostSubject: Re: Guinea pig bonding   Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:56 am

It's bloomin tense when they're getting to know each other, I'm hopin they'll be snuggled up in the morning but I doubt it after 12 hours
Back to top Go down
Boss Hogg
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guinea pig bonding   Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:00 am

My Lola was bonded with the same 2 piggies for over 3 years, but I lost two of them within 2 weeks of each other leaving her on her own. I've reserved a piggy of a similar age to keep her company. So fingers crossed, they get on. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lilly999

PostSubject: Re: Guinea pig bonding   Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:16 am

Boss Hogg wrote:
My Lola was bonded with the same 2 piggies for over 3 years, but I lost two of them within 2 weeks of each other leaving her on her own. I've reserved a piggy of a similar age to keep her company. So fingers crossed, they get on. Wink
Good luck to Lola. How sad you lost 2 so close together. Lola must be bewildered as well to lose all of her long time companions.
Back to top Go down
Boss Hogg
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guinea pig bonding   Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:29 am

Luckily, she's a resilient little piggy and has got on with life. As long as she's got food and water, she's happy. Wink
Back to top Go down
Gems1987

PostSubject: Re: Guinea pig bonding   Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:24 pm

Hi so I've woken up and the pigs are showing the normal dominance behaviours now not aggressive which has made me feel better bout it! They've picked where they'll be sleeping but it looks like they have agreed there own territory thogh is that normal?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guinea pig bonding   

Back to top Go down

Guinea pig bonding
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Guinea Pig Chat :: Guinea Pig Welfare :: Behaviour-
Jump to: