Guinea Pig Chat

Guinea Pig Chat

Back up forum for www.theguineapigforum.co.uk

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This is the temporary home of The Guinea Pig Forum whilst the main forum is undergoing a server transfer.

Share | 

TGPF Annoucment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sport_billy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: TGPF Annoucment   Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:50 am

Hey

Can I first say sorry. Past 48 hours have been shockingly bad. We where virus free according to our hosts who'd kindly removed it but obviously it has left a nice exploit in the forum which meant someone hacked it with some jaunty music and photos.

The good news is as far as I can tell the database is safe. I really need to get the forum suspended and the owner is working on getting into the Cpanel so hopefully this will happen over the weekend. I have also hopefully found someone who can fix it and am exploring another offer of help later.

Once again sorry I know its a pain just as the forum had picked up again. It'll be back

Lee
Back to top Go down
Lilly999

PostSubject: Re: TGPF Annoucment   Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:57 am

I did wonder about the hijack. I didn't realise it wasn't related to the original problem. The music is jaunty! I own some Arabic music myself from a past trip to Egypt. If the hacker really does represent political views, I must say I am not likely to sympathise with his cause if he thinks hacking into a guinea pig forum is worthwhile. Maybe he doesn't know what a piggy is?
Back to top Go down
Boss Hogg
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TGPF Annoucment   Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:09 pm

TGPF has been reopened. This forum is now read only. Thanks to everyone who has used it whilst our own forum was being repaired. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TGPF Annoucment   

Back to top Go down

TGPF Annoucment
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Guinea Pig Chat :: THEGUINEAPIGFORUM.CO.UK :: NEWS ON THE GUINEA PIG FORUM-
Jump to: