Guinea Pig Chat

Guinea Pig Chat

Back up forum for www.theguineapigforum.co.uk

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This is the temporary home of The Guinea Pig Forum whilst the main forum is undergoing a server transfer.

Share | 

TGPF Latest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sport_billy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: TGPF Latest   Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:57 pm

It looks quite bad but we will have the forum back at some point, however it may take a few weeks so this is going to be home until then. I know its a little different has its quirks but The Highway Man has made it green so it feels homely.

What I'm trying to say is the forum is you guys not a website so even though we may not have a huge database of posts behind us we are here. So getting chatting. If you can promote this temporary home to all those that use the forum and get them to sign up that would be ace.

I will try and email users off TGPF tomorrow to let them know we're here. I don't have enough hours in the day at the moment so I am afraid I will be a little quiet with work and trying to get us sorted but any questions on the forum please ask The Highway Man or Me.

Lee

Back to top Go down
Lil

PostSubject: Re: TGPF Latest   Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:47 pm

Thanks Lee and Highway Man for your efforts, much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
LisaAli

PostSubject: Re: TGPF Latest   Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:37 pm

Lil wrote:
Thanks Lee and Highway Man for your efforts, much appreciated.
Your both doing a great job, Big big thanks for all your hard work.. bounce xx
Back to top Go down
Karonus

PostSubject: Re: TGPF Latest   Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:43 pm

Its very easy for those posting to fail to see the hard work that goes on behind the scenes to keep things like the forum working.

Steve
Back to top Go down
Mrs sport_billy

PostSubject: Re: TGPF Latest   Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:56 pm

Karonus wrote:
Its very easy for those posting to fail to see the hard work that goes on behind the scenes to keep things like the forum working.

Steve
This is so true.

Debbie and Ellie have worked so hard over the years to build up the forum so that it's top of the google searches and it is really frustrating what is going on. Lee has also spent most of his life the last couple of weeks trying to sort it out.

Last edited by Mrs sport_billy on Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sp)
Back to top Go down
stewybus

PostSubject: Re: TGPF Latest   Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:12 pm

It's bad when idiots like the hackers who did this can spoil it for lots of people who got no interest in middle east politics.

A little tip: If you want to view any old posts from TGPF you can if you get the right searchwords: For instance, I did a thread about 6 months ago titled "A Different Type of Run". to find this go into Google advanced search & type in guineapigforum (all one word in top box & different type of run in the second box. Hit the search button & it comes up with 2 results, the first being "A Different Type of Run - The Guinea Pig Forum". Don't clich on this header (in blue) but go to the next line (in green) & hit the downward pointing arrow at end of line which will then add a box called "Cached". Hit this and you go to the original thread. Unfortunate you can only get the first page, about 10 posts. If you need a later page you can maybe add more search words eg member name to get more choices.
Back to top Go down
Boss Hogg
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TGPF Latest   Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:13 pm

I now have my tech admin from my own forum busy working away on TGPF, so fingers crossed he'll be able to have it fixed sooner rather than later. Wink
Back to top Go down
jenniferanneharris

PostSubject: Re: TGPF Latest   Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:51 pm

Thanks so much for everyone who has been involved with TGPF and This temp forum. You have all done a fab job and i think i can say from most of us we really appriciate all the hard work involved! Thanks to you all...and i know i appriciate how hard you have worked especially the last few weeks with the hiccups in the forum. Its so nice to know that even though the forum is down we have somehwhere to go for help or just a chat...and i cant say that about many forums...so thank you!! x x
Back to top Go down
sport_billy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TGPF Latest   Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:27 pm

I would just like to add, I am so grateful for the help of The Highwayman Man, so much so I will create a shrine to him in my garden after all this is over...

Seriously though I am quite humbled and emotional over the support offered and given by The Highwaymans friend - Not manly of me I know Smile
When a a stranger offers help, expertise and his time (for nothing in return despite it being offered) its quite a special thing in this day and age and in this case could keep our community going, its a very special kind of person to do that.
Back to top Go down
Sue G

PostSubject: Re: TGPF Latest   Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:49 pm

Thanks so much to all involved.
Back to top Go down
flintstones

PostSubject: Re: TGPF Latest   Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Thank you to everyone involved, it's nice having our own wee temp forum to. I've been quiet for sometime on the forum but often have a little look to see whats going on. Smile
Back to top Go down
Furryfriends

PostSubject: Re: TGPF Latest   Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:38 pm

Huge thanks to Lee, The Highway Man andThe Highway Man's friend for all their help, and also huge thanks to everyone else for being so patient and understanding.
Back to top Go down
helen105281

PostSubject: Re: TGPF Latest   Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:16 pm

Yes thank you everyone. I like this little forum, is the same format as an old vegan one I used to be on which is no longer running.
Back to top Go down
Doglovinpiggylover

PostSubject: Re: TGPF Latest   Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:19 pm

thanks for all your had work to save our forum guys, and thank you to for the updates.

x
Back to top Go down
Caviesgalore

PostSubject: Re: TGPF Latest   Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:27 pm

Well done guys, nice to have somewhere to drop by Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
sport_billy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TGPF Latest   Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:29 pm

Caviesgalore wrote:
Good to see you Sandra, missing your avatar a lot its one of my favourites x
Back to top Go down
Caviesgalore

PostSubject: Re: TGPF Latest   Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:45 pm

sport_billy wrote:
Caviesgalore wrote:
Good to see you Sandra, missing your avatar a lot its one of my favourites x
Why thank you kind sir Very Happy  will see if I can work out how to pop it on here!
Back to top Go down
Wiebke

PostSubject: Re: TGPF Latest   Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:00 pm

Thank you for your efforts; you are doing a great job! It is great that you have created a place we can stay in contact.
Back to top Go down
Boss Hogg
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TGPF Latest   Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:39 am

The forum is now back up and running. Many thanks for your patience whilst the repairs were taking place. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lilly999

PostSubject: Re: TGPF Latest   Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:52 am

Well done! I seem to have had to register under a new user name. It's actually me Lilly slave of Hazelnut & Peanut Butter. Would not let me register under my old TGPF name. So, guess this means new avatar, new profile, etc & 50 posts to be able to PM? Anyway it could be worse!
Back to top Go down
Boss Hogg
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TGPF Latest   Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:52 pm

You can pm straight away, not the same rules as the proper forum. Everyone should be able to post now. Wink
Back to top Go down
Boss Hogg
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TGPF Latest   Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:27 pm

As we speak, Falken is busy ensuring everything has transferred over to the new forum in readiness for opening in the morning. Unfortunately, The Highway Man username won't be coming with me, I'm reverting to the username which I have on my own forum which is BossHogg, so if you're wondering who the new admin is, its me! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TGPF Latest   Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:45 pm

Bosshog!lol
Back to top Go down
helen105281

PostSubject: Re: TGPF Latest   Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:56 pm

Interesting name Smile
Back to top Go down
LisaAli

PostSubject: Re: TGPF Latest   Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:51 am

" BossHogg" from the Dukes of Hazard we guess, great series rubbish film... xx
Back to top Go down