Guinea Pig Chat

Guinea Pig Chat

Back up forum for www.theguineapigforum.co.uk

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This is the temporary home of The Guinea Pig Forum whilst the main forum is undergoing a server transfer.

Share | 

Shredded paper

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bubble&squeak4ever

PostSubject: Shredded paper   Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:37 am

I posted a thread about this some time ago on the usual forum but obviously now I can't go back and see it so thought I'd ask again here.
Is it ok to use shredded paper in squeaks hutch to keep her warm as I'm running out of hay...??
Thanks

Back to top Go down
Lil

PostSubject: Re: Shredded paper   Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:54 pm

I've often thought myself but never done it. Suspect it's fine but can imagine it doesn't last too long.
Back to top Go down
bubble&squeak4ever

PostSubject: Re: Shredded paper   Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:56 pm

Yeah it wouldn't last long I don't think. And it would most likely get eaten Mad 
Back to top Go down
Lil

PostSubject: Re: Shredded paper   Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:58 pm

True, captain jackal ways manages to find the newspaper lining no matter what I put in their home. lol! 
Back to top Go down
bubble&squeak4ever

PostSubject: Re: Shredded paper   Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:15 pm

Lil wrote:
True, captain jackal ways manages to find the newspaper lining no matter what I put in their home. lol! 
They can be rather clever when they want to be cant they? lol! Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
stewybus

PostSubject: Re: Shredded paper   Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:27 pm

Not too keen on plain shredded paper but you can get a paper bedding (it's actually teabag material offcuts) from www.lawsonpetfeeds.co.uk

If you go on Google & search "shredded paper" + "guineapigforum" you'll get results. Then click on the green downward arrow at end of the line in green below the search answer you're interested in. Google cache these pages & you can search anything that's been on the forum as long as you get the right search words. Always remember to type guineapig forum as one word.
Back to top Go down
bubble&squeak4ever

PostSubject: Re: Shredded paper   Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:22 pm

Ah ok didn't know that .... thanks stewybus Smile
Back to top Go down
Julesie

PostSubject: Re: Shredded paper   Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:01 pm

I use it for my boys and its fine for them. They occasionally have a small nibble of it but otherwise leave it completely alone.
Back to top Go down
stewybus

PostSubject: Re: Shredded paper   Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:16 pm

bubble&squeak4ever wrote:
I posted a thread about this some time ago on the usual forum but obviously now I can't go back and see it so thought I'd ask again here.
Is it ok to use shredded paper in squeaks hutch to keep her warm as I'm running out of hay...??
Thanks

Regarding the running out of hay. If you buy hay from a pet store or supermarket for piggies to eat have you thought of getting a bale of hay from a farm which cost about £4. If you prefer the other hay for eating you could use the hay from the bed for bedding. You'll find that they'll probably eat it too & it probably works out a lot cheaper than shredded paper. Never use shredded paper from a home or office shredder it could cut their mouth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shredded paper   

Back to top Go down

Shredded paper
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Guinea Pig Chat :: Guinea Pig Welfare :: Housing-
Jump to: