Guinea Pig Chat

Guinea Pig Chat

Back up forum for www.theguineapigforum.co.uk

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This is the temporary home of The Guinea Pig Forum whilst the main forum is undergoing a server transfer.

Share | 

Anyone good with wood?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PipandPop

PostSubject: Anyone good with wood?   Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:17 pm

Hiya all!

Fingers crossed the old forum gets fixed soon, in the meantime I have a dilemma. My girls have a wooden log cabin that you can buy in most pet shops in the rabbit size, however I don't think it's big enough. I like it because it has a door and a circular window, which is big enough for them to hop through. They both snuggle up in there but can't spread out like they used to in their old cage.

I'm considering asking my dad if he could make them a bigger one, but I don't know where to source the wood from as it is the sort that still has the bark attached. Does anyone have any ideas? Or, if he has too much on with his steam engines, and doesn't have time would anyone on here be willing to help me make one? Or make it for me, I have no skill whatsoever making things (unless they're knitted). Obviously I would pay for the materials and labour.

Any help sourcing wood, or volunteers would be great!!

Thanks
Back to top Go down
theoretikos

PostSubject: Re: Anyone good with wood?   Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:25 pm

Is he Fred Dibnah? lol
Back to top Go down
PipandPop

PostSubject: Re: Anyone good with wood?   Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:47 pm

Not quite, but he has quite a big collection. He's even installed a small track round the garden! Often at weekends he'll be off at some rally where they run the small ones you can sit behind. So not really much time to be making guinea pig houses!
Back to top Go down
GPTV

PostSubject: Re: Anyone good with wood?   Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:25 pm

I think generally speaking if you can find someone with fruit tree wood up for grabs its pretty safe to use. The bark can be eaten without worrying.
Sorry my DIY skills are a bit hit &miss, usually hit my thumb with the hammer when I missed the target!!
pale 
Good luck with your project. X
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone good with wood?   

Back to top Go down

Anyone good with wood?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Guinea Pig Chat :: Guinea Pig Welfare :: Housing-
Jump to: