Guinea Pig Chat

Guinea Pig Chat

Back up forum for www.theguineapigforum.co.uk

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This is the temporary home of The Guinea Pig Forum whilst the main forum is undergoing a server transfer.

Share | 

sheds?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jay3ttp

PostSubject: sheds?   Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:25 pm

Hi everyone I have been offered a shed for my piggies and as our house is so small it would be very welcome, only trouble is I have a feeling I am too late in the year to move them now, is this correct?
I had been planning on having them in the kitchen with us all but our house is so small that it was proving hard work, if there was a chance we could move it would be fab but that wont happen right now. We were in a large house but had to move back to family and now we are stuck.
So is it too late for a shed, if not how do I keep it warm in the winter? It would be a large shed with hutches/cages inside, any advice would be fab xx
Back to top Go down
twiams

PostSubject: Re: sheds?   Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:33 pm

I’m sure it wouldn’t be too late, if you insulated the walls of the shed and still used hutch covers etc.

I personally don’t have a shed but i’ve seen lots of people who do and they do some great D.I.Y to keep them as cosy as possible! Smile
Back to top Go down
jay3ttp

PostSubject: Re: sheds?   Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:04 pm

Thank you for the answer Twiams, I am just so torn not sure what I want to do x
Back to top Go down
degu_rock

PostSubject: Re: sheds?   Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:04 pm

If you do it before October and make sure the shed is fully insulated it should be fine x
Back to top Go down
Loutopia

PostSubject: Re: sheds?   Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:08 am

I have my piggies in my shed and have just added some 2 more, can anyone offer advice on how to insulate the shed as it will be my lots first winter in there? I've been reading up on it and the suggestions are to nail up bubble wrap inside or put a layer of tarpaulin up then bubble wrap? Not sure where to begin :-/ its an older large shed though and don't want to spend too much money doing it up as ideally I want the O.H to buy me a new one next year!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sheds?   

Back to top Go down

sheds?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Guinea Pig Chat :: Guinea Pig Welfare :: Housing-
Jump to: