Guinea Pig Chat

Guinea Pig Chat

Back up forum for www.theguineapigforum.co.uk

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This is the temporary home of The Guinea Pig Forum whilst the main forum is undergoing a server transfer.

Share | 

Fussy Eaters

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sport_billy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Fussy Eaters   Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:37 am

Honestly only well fed piggies can be fussy...

Apparently Broccoli is no longer acceptable for Cookie, Vimto and Sassy. I had to take some out last night before bed....
and
now the Moo has started - She no longer accepts pepper of any colour....

Back to top Go down
Lil

PostSubject: Re: Fussy Eaters   Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:54 am

Hahaha I think you've hit the nail on the head there...clever little moo telling it's hoomin what one likes and doesn't like anymore!
Back to top Go down
LisaAli

PostSubject: Re: Fussy Eaters   Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:17 am

We are having same problem here, all of a sudden Uno is being very selective on what he eats. Popping him along to vets this morning for a quick check just in case.. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
sport_billy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fussy Eaters   Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:21 am

Lil wrote:
Hahaha I think you've hit the nail on the head there...clever little moo telling it's hoomin what one likes and doesn't like anymore!
She certainly is!

LisaAli wrote:
We are having same problem here, all of a sudden Uno is being very selective on what he eats. Popping him along to vets this morning for a quick check just in case.. Crying or Very sad
Oh no, Is he masticating at all? Let us know how he gets on x
Back to top Go down
degu_rock

PostSubject: Re: Fussy Eaters   Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:30 am

Picky eaters I wish I had some even the rescue I took in recently will eat anything well I say anything he won't touch green beans Laughing 

LisaAli wrote:
Hope Uno is ok x
Back to top Go down
LisaAli

PostSubject: Re: Fussy Eaters   Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:47 am

Thanks for your concern over Uno.  Just back from the vets.  He's had a very, very thorough check up from Morven our vet and she have come to the conclusion that he may have a slight URI, although his heart and lungs are clear and there's a congested sound from his nose but no discharge.  His teeth are absolutely fine but Uno wasnt happy when he had his teeth checked as it involved flushing his mouth out as it was full of food!!!  Morven has decided the best course of action is hit it hard and fast so we're now armed with Baytril for 3 weeks, some Emeprid, some recovery feed just incase his appetite deteriorates further along with a Vitamin C supplement.  We have our orders on when to give the medication and have our fingers crossed that we have caught this before any major develops.
Back to top Go down
sport_billy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fussy Eaters   Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:59 am

LisaAli wrote:
Thanks for your concern over Uno.  Just back from the vets.  He's had a very, very thorough check up from Morven our vet and she have come to the conclusion that he may have a slight URI, although his heart and lungs are clear and there's a congested sound from his nose but no discharge.  His teeth are absolutely fine but Uno wasnt happy when he had his teeth checked as it involved flushing his mouth out as it was full of food!!!  Morven has decided the best course of action is hit it hard and fast so we're now armed with Baytril for 3 weeks, some Emeprid, some recovery feed just incase his appetite deteriorates further along with a Vitamin C supplement.  We have our orders on when to give the medication and have our fingers crossed that we have caught this before any major develops.
Glad he has had a good check up! Hopefully meds will do the job. You really have caught it early.

Lots of healing vibes to Uno
Back to top Go down
jenniferanneharris

PostSubject: Re: Fussy Eaters   Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:38 pm

sport_billy wrote:
LisaAli wrote:
Glad he has had a good check up! Hopefully meds will do the job. You really have caught it early.

Lots of healing vibes to Uno
Sending healing vibes for Uno and lots of cuddles his way.
Back to top Go down
degu_rock

PostSubject: Re: Fussy Eaters   Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:12 pm

aw bless him, best to catch these things early x
Back to top Go down
bubble&squeak4ever

PostSubject: Re: Fussy Eaters   Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:58 pm

I know how you feel!
Squeak has recently decided she doesn't like the skins of cucumbers so now she eats the middle part and leaves the skins all around the hutch! bounce
Hope Uno gets better soon!xx
Back to top Go down
theoretikos

PostSubject: Re: Fussy Eaters   Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:26 pm

Hope he does ok! He was always fussy when he was here. Worried now Sad
Back to top Go down
theoretikos

PostSubject: Re: Fussy Eaters   Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:28 pm

theoretikos wrote:
Don't think he got much variety at his old home and had to fight with the others Sad
Back to top Go down
LisaAli

PostSubject: Re: Fussy Eaters   Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:42 pm

theoretikos wrote:
theoretikos wrote:
Don't think he got much variety at his old home and had to fight with the others Sad
He always never finishes what's in his bowl straight away which we think is because he knows that no one else will steal it from him.  We have been trying lots of new things with all of them to see who likes what and will have to draw up a chart soon as everyone seems to like something different to their cagemates.  Talk about a 5 star menu - they get better fed than we do lol!
Back to top Go down
theoretikos

PostSubject: Re: Fussy Eaters   Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:55 pm

LisaAli wrote:
theoretikos wrote:
theoretikos wrote:
He always never finishes what's in his bowl straight away which we think is because he knows that no one else will steal it from him.  We have been trying lots of new things with all of them to see who likes what and will have to draw up a chart soon as everyone seems to like something different to their cagemates.  Talk about a 5 star menu - they get better fed than we do lol!
Hahaha I always feel bad eating the veg in the fridge!
Back to top Go down
stewybus

PostSubject: Re: Fussy Eaters   Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:16 pm

I've gone through a lot of this myself. Things they like they suddenly start leaving. I'm trying a bit of rotation so they only get some foods 2 or 3 times a week. This way they don't get fed up of the same old stuff. They sometimes leave brocolli especially if they get it formorte than 2 days running. Other times they'll not eat carrots of celery but they always come back to them & leave an empty dish if they're left off their menu for a day or 2. Found the same with our dog & cat so we not get them 3 differnt varieties & alternate them. I suppose if we were given the same food everyday we'd get fed up too.
Back to top Go down
jenniferanneharris

PostSubject: Re: Fussy Eaters   Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:15 pm

Mine are a funny pair sometimes food wise..they can like something one week and not another week.
I tend to do a weekly menu when i can for them and rotate foods so they don't get the same things all the time...the things we do for our piggies eh? ..Although i wouldn't like the same thing each day, so can understand why they get bored Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fussy Eaters   

Back to top Go down

Fussy Eaters
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Guinea Pig Chat :: Chat Zone :: Guinea Pig Chat-
Jump to: